Plan Implementation Specialist
Who are we?
Vestwell provides every employee in America with access to a retirement account by removing the friction points financial advisors and companies have in establishing and maintaining defined contribution & benefit programs. We look out for everyone’s best interest, including financial advisors, companies and employees.
Vestwell is at the forefront of a wave of change in a $11 trillion 401(k) market; creating a new platform that lowers fees and ensures that individuals retire wealthier. We’ve raised some money from great investors in the Fintech and Finserv world to achieve this goal and are already getting a great response from customers.
Who are we looking for?
We have a lot of exciting growth ahead of us and, in this case, that means hiring a Plan Implementation Specialist to join our client-facing ranks. Your specific domain knowledge, especially around qualified retirement plans and mutual funds, coupled with a strong, strategic mindset are assets we want to leverage as we scale. Ideally, you have spent 1-3 years gaining defined contribution experience including Client Service, Plan Administration, Compliance, Plan Design and/or Conversion experience for 401k and/or 403b plans.
If you haven’t…. then you’re a heck of a learner with a solid background working in a Customer Success function at a high growth tech startup. All things considered, you must have an unparalleled commitment to superior customer service, especially when dealing with ambiguity and generating creative solutions and approaches.
What will you be doing at Vestwell?
At its core, this role will be focused on developing and maintaining strong business partnerships with financial advisors, plan sponsors, and vendors. You’re a natural at thinking through every possible path and outcome to accurate assess priorities based on shared business goals and objectives.
Day-to-day you will also be expected to:
- Manage all aspects of the installation process and successfully transition new plans onto the Vestwell platform.
- Coordinate with financial advisors, plan sponsors, prior record keepers, and/or third party administrators to determine conversion timeline, action items with delivery dates for all parties, and overall project status to all interested parties.
- Ensure collaboration with all internal teams while communicating to clients.
- Conduct bulk plan conversions in coordination with our partners and clients.
- Manage ongoing payroll contributions, corrective action filings and compliance testing.
- Drive and own the quarterly plan review cycle.
- Respond to and assist with participant inquiries.
- Support the creation and maintenance of the wiki and knowledgebase.
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent work experience
- Thorough technical operations knowledge; new client on-boarding processes, data collection, file exchanges, formats, basic financial workflows
- Understanding of the entire conversion process from point of sale to release of conversion data
- General knowledge of ERISA rules and requirements
- Proven experience assessing and thoughtfully deliver the ultimate client experience to our users
- Previous project management chops, highly preferred
- Proven effectiveness at being flexible, creative, team oriented, results-driven and the ability to collaborate in cross functional teams
- Highly motivated, self-starter who thrives on going fast and iterating rapidly
- Ability to think on your feet quickly to confidently formulate a strategic response
- Strong written/oral communication and organization skills. Think articulate, concise, eloquent. You get the picture.
- Knowledge of one or more recordkeeping systems like Sungard Relius
- Series 65 license
We’re an early stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and, as such, offer competitive health coverage, an open vacation policy, coffee, cappuccino & healthy snacks, and a bright, comfortable office with lots of workspace options so you can be comfortable and as productive as possible. And naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!