Who are we?
Vestwell wants to provide every employee in America with access to a retirement account by removing the friction points financial advisors and companies have in establishing and maintaining defined contribution & benefit programs. We look out for everyone’s best interest, including financial advisors, businesses, and their employees.
Vestwell is at the forefront of a wave of change in a $6 trillion 401(k) market; creating a new platform that lowers fees and ensures that individuals retire wealthier. We’ve raised some money from great investors in the Fintech and Finserv world to achieve this goal and are already getting a great response from customers.
Who are we looking for?
Vestwell is a looking for a Frontend Engineer to translate wireframes into to actual code. Ideally you can sit comfortably between our development team and our product team to build reusable solutions to our customer problems. Most importantly — you care about both how an application looks and how well it works.
Experience has taught you how to play the intermediary role between design and engineering effectively and that means bridging the gap between wireframes and technical implementation. We’re still a young company so you will have the opportunity to see your influence and impact both in real-time and long-term.
Vestwell is an agile shop, so you'll be expected to establish, track, and achieve goals for each sprint. We believe in deadlines and expect team members to be a model example for everyone else. Your job includes consistently providing expertise, leadership, and support to the rest of the development team.
Day-to-day you will also be expected to:
- Write the frontend code for new user-facing features, based on wireframes from our product team.
- Ensure that user data is validated before submitting to back-end.
- Work with our product team creating interactive tools and calculators for users.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Have a good eye for detail, spotting discrepancies between designs submitted
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Create responsive designs which work work on both desktop and mobile platforms.
- Work with outside libraries of user facing features.
- Experience with charting and graphing libraries is a plus
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Experience with Github, Jira, Agile
- Fluency working with our stack - Node.js, Restify, React.js, Postgres, and AWS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as photoshop, illustrator or Sketch is a plus. We are using SVG graphics throughout the site, so familiarity with their benefits and limitations is important.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them as well as code versioning tools like Git, and the ability to work alongside a team of developers
- Background with Docker, AWS, Reporting Frameworks
- Early stage startup and/or Financial Services experience
We’re an early stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell, so we offer competitive health coverage, an open vacation policy, coffee, cappuccino & healthy snacks, and a bright, comfortable office with lots of workspace options so you can be comfortable and as productive as possible. Naturally, we also have a great 401(k) plan.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!