Who are we?
Vestwell provides every employee in America with access to a retirement account by removing the friction points financial advisors and companies have in establishing and maintaining defined contribution & benefit programs. We look out for everyone’s best interest, including financial advisors, companies and employees.
Vestwell is at the forefront of a wave of change in a $6 trillion 401(k) market; creating a new platform that lowers fees and ensures that individuals retire wealthier. We’ve raised some money from great investors in the Fintech and Finserv world to achieve this goal and are already getting a great response from customers.
Who are we looking for?
Vestwell is a looking for a Frontend Engineer to help translate UI/UX design wireframes to actual code. Ideally you can sit comfortably across design and development, helping us come up with reusable solutions that solve customer problems quickly buildable qays. Most importantly, however, you care equally about how an application looks and how well it works.
Experience has taught you how to play the intermediary role between design and engineering effectively and that means bridging the gap between wireframes and technical implementation is something you can do with your eyes closed. We’re still a young company so you will have the opportunity to see your influence and impact both in real-time and long-term.
What will you be doing at Vestwell?
Vestwell is an agile shop and, in this environment, you will work closely with our Chief Technology Officer to establish, track, and achieve goals for each sprint, successfully. We believe in deadlines here and expect senior team members to be a model example for everyone else. Your job includes consistently providing expertise, leadership, and support to the rest of the development team.
Day-to-day you will also be expected to:
- Implement interfaces from wireframes for new user-facing features.
- Ensure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end.
- Create interactive tools and calculators for users.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Create responsive designs which work work on both desktop and mobile platforms.
- Work with outside libraries of user facing features.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Experience with Github, Jira, Agile
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as photoshop, illustrator or Sketch is a plus. We are using SVG graphics throughout the site, so familiarity with their benefits and limitations is important.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them as well as code versioning tools like Git, and the ability to work alongside a team of developers
- Fluency working with our stack - Node.js, Restify, React.js, Postgres, and AWS
- Background with Docker, AWS, Reporting Frameworks
- Early stage startup and/or Financial Services experience
We’re an early stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and, as such, offer competitive health coverage, an open vacation policy, coffee, cappuccino & healthy snacks, and a bright, comfortable office with lots of workspace options so you can be comfortable and as productive as possible. And naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!