Full Stack Engineer
Who are we?
Vestwell provides every employee in America with access to a retirement account by removing the friction points financial advisors and companies have in establishing and maintaining defined contribution & benefit programs. We look out for everyone’s best interest, including financial advisors, companies and employees.
Vestwell is at the forefront of a wave of change in a $6 trillion 401(k) market; creating a new platform that lowers fees and ensures that individuals retire wealthier. We’ve raised some money from great investors in the Fintech and Finserv world to achieve this goal and are already getting a great response from customers.
Who are we looking for?
The team is expanding and we’re excited about bringing onboard an experienced Full Stack Engineer with 3-5 years of experience working on all facets of the application stack. That’s everything from Node & React back through the API layers and solving design challenges at the schema level.
You’re a great fit for our team if you balance thinking through edge cases meticulously and planning for future growth and change well. Most of all, you must be passionate about what you create and about the impact it can have. That matters to us, a lot.
What will you be doing at Vestwell?
Vestwell is an agile shop and, in this environment, you will work closely with our Chief Technology Officer to establish, track, and achieve goals for each sprint, successfully. We believe in deadlines here and expect senior team members to be a model example for everyone else. Your job includes consistently providing expertise, leadership, and support to the rest of the development team.
Day-to-day you will also be expected to:
- Collaborate closely with our Senior Technical Architect and the rest of the Vestwell team to build out the front end services that our clients interact with every day.
- Work with both engineering and product teams to drive solution design.
- Create complex logical frameworks, workflows, RESTful API endpoints, and JSON formats to exchange key data with the rest of the platform.
- Write new services, including financial API integrations, maintain existing services, write tests, & yes, fix bugs.
- Help plan, automate and scale our infrastructure.
- Provide production support at times and train the junior engineers.
- Node.js, React, JQuery, PostgreSQL, building and consuming RESTful APIs, Jenkins, Git, Jira, and major node MVC framework
- Excellent communication skills are a must, able to work alone or in groups, collaborative, self starter, passionate
- CS Degree preferred, but not required
- Financial Services experience, understanding of key concepts, instruments and basic workflows
- Experience with AWS, Ansible, Kafka, CSS, data analytics, reporting, Docker, Restify
- Financial Services Certifications: Series 65, series 7, CFA, etc.
We’re an early stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and, as such, offer competitive health coverage, an open vacation policy, coffee, cappuccino & healthy snacks, and a bright, comfortable office with lots of workspace options so you can be comfortable and as productive as possible. And naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!