Manager, Technical Operations
Who are we?
Vestwell believes that all Americans should have easy access to a retirement account which is why we’ve created a digital platform that makes it simpler to offer and administer 401(k) plans. By combining the expertise of an advisor with the sophistication of a technology provider, we’ve modernized the retirement offering while removing traditional friction points. As a result, advisors get an easy button for expanding their business, employers get a cost effective solution without the administrative burden, and employees get a user friendly portal that helps them achieve their long term saving goals.
With backing from leading Fintech and Finserv investors, as well as a growing team of dedicated professionals of strong industry pedigree, Vestwell is at the forefront of change in the $11 trillion 401(k) market. Our team believes in the mission we’ve set out to achieve and we’re working hard to get there. We’re ambitious, honest, thoughtful, and fun. Oh, and we’re really good at ping pong.
Who are we looking for?
We are on the hunt for a dynamic, organized and driven individual to join our team as the manager of our Technical Operations group. This group sits in between our Sales/Ops and Tech teams and is key to the our ability to scale and operate efficiently. They will be working across our organization to streamline the flow of data both internally & externally, automate repetitive processes and provide MacGyver-like services. This person will manage a team of technical BAs to support our integrations with payroll & HRIS system, integration and configuration of our 3rd party operational tools like Salesforce & Nintex, Data Analytics and the triage and coordination of production issues.
What will you be doing at Vestwell?
- Creating and leading a team of Technical Analysts focused on mission critical internal Business Operations
- Driving efficiencies across the entire Vestwell business, with an aim to reduce toil, increase quality of delivery, increase speed of Onboarding, decrease and improve existing operational usecases, and increase overall quality of delivery.
- Managing the configuration and integration of our 3rd party business tools like Salesforce & Nintex, and building and supporting integrations to our main platform
- Use Data Analytics to measure our productivity/efficiency and identify areas for improvement
- Build reconciliation and ad hoc reporting tools to support our Ops and Sales teams
- Coordinate our Product Support triage and resolution process between Opertaions and Engineering
- 5+ years of experience as a senior business or data analyst
- Ability to create, lead, and manage an Operational team, while delivering multiple, simultaneous projects and initiatives
- Experience with SQL, Python and/or other scripting languages
- Experience with integrations via APIs, OAuth, JSON, XML and other communication methods
- Ability to work in a fast paced, project-oriented environment and meet deadlines under tight time constraints
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Early stage startup and/or Financial Services experience
- Engineering and Operations background
We’re an early stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and, as such, offer competitive health coverage, an open vacation policy, cappuccino & healthy snacks, and a bright, comfortable office with lots of workspace options so you can be comfortable and as productive as possible. And naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!